Quick Video (Full Video Tutorial Below)
- Wire cutters
- Glue pot
- Small decorative watering can
- Great Stuff Gaps & Cracks – Spray Foam Sealant
- Spanish moss
- Assorted floral stems
- Assorted greenery stems
- (3) 1.5” wired ribbon
- Floral pins
- Wooden pick with wire
- Pipe cleaners
Full Video Tutorial
Spring Floral Centerpiece
- Wire Cutters
- Glue pot
- 1 unit Small decorative watering can
- 1 can Great Stuff Gaps & Cracks - Spray Foam Sealant
- 1 package Spanish moss
- 2-3 bunches Assorted floral stems
- 2-3 bunches Assorted greenery stems
- 3 rolls various 1.5” wired ribbon
- 1 pack Floral pins
- 1 pack Wooden pick with wire
- 1 pack pipe cleaners
Prepping Your Moss Base
- Fill the watering can halfway with spray foam sealant.
- Let it sit for a week to completely dry.
- Cover visible foam with spanish moss.
- Dip floral pin tips into glue pot and pin moss into foam base.
- Create a small patty of moss to cover the watering can spout.
- Add glue to spout and add your moss potty.
Adding Florals & Greenery:
- Pick your main focal point flower, usually this will be the biggest blooms out of your floral bunches.
- Then layer the other flowers in.
- Trim individual floral stems at the closest point to the main stem using wire cutters.
- Remove any excess covering over the wired stems.
- Add glue to the stems and stick them right into the foam base.
- Work your way around, moving the watering can so your floral design looks natural.
- When working with sets of 3, keep those 3 in a triangle form to create balance.
- You want the floral bouquet to have a nice round look to it.
- Keep filling until your bouquet is thick and gorgeous!
- Use greenery to help the transition between floral stems and watering can.
- Dip the greenery stems into glue pot and insert near the base of the floral stems.
- Let them hang over the edge for a beautiful transition.
- Finish off with a flower bloom over the moss covered spout.
Making a Bow
- With 1 ½” ribbon, make a single 5” loop with 20” tails. Secure with a small pipe cleaner.
- Add the wooden pick into the pipe cleaner, and twist it securely. Use the wire from the wooden pick to wrap around the ribbon loop for extra security.
- Curl in the tails
- Insert into the foam base for the finishing touch.